Thursday, May 13, 2010

Immortality

It is a very strange thought, strange because it doesn't seem true. To be immortal means we have no fear of death. Because of our advances in technology we essentially achieved it, although there are exceptions, there always are. Fairly recently I read an article where it was announced that the revival process did not work on a particular scientist. They speculate that something interfered with the process, possibly something the professor had been working on. This reality brings a little bit of fear, but it is an isolated case and as such most of us don't even think about it. The standard PDA they issue to us is the key to this whole process working, it is programmed to teleport our lifeless body back to the nearest revival terminal where we are brought back from death, no loss of memories or abilities, in fact, you can even remember something you learned upon your death. There have been many times I thought, as my life slipped away, "Crap, if I had only moved in such-and-such a way I would have made it." I remember this, my last thought, and I am able to utilise these final thoughts to increase my ability to survive this hostile world. It really is an amazing thing, though it does bother me a bit that they were able to bring so many of us back just from a fragment of DNA and most of us are able to remember our pasts and why we were coming here. Where exactly did they get these memories from? Were we required to upload them before our trip? If this is the case, then I have to wonder where my memories are.

No comments:

Post a Comment