Friday, August 20, 2010

Free Mining

Business has been slow for me lately. I get the occassional chaeffeur or healing job and do a very small amount of mining, but I have not been able to find much to keep me going. As I've been needing to eat I've had to start foraging again to find some of the tasty fruits that this world produces. During these walks I've also been finding some stones and it suddenly dawned on me: I'm mining for free! No bombs, no probes, no extracting, I'm picking up a valuable resource right from the ground and someone is paying some pretty good PED to have it! So lately I've been looking for more stones and it pays the bills much better than sweating ever did. A few stones and I have a couple days worth of sweating pay to keep my belly full and to afford a few more bombs or probes. It's amazing what rocks are worth, but hey, if someone's willing to pay I'm willing to look for these precious little things. Anyway, as much fun as it is to make money off of forage mining, I think I'd much rather be doing the pay mining. That said, I hope things pick up soon, it's hard not knowing where your next bit of pay will come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment